Specializing in real-world primary data collection, offering you full study management
Designing and running studies that collect data directly from patients, caregivers, and clinicians
PCO research services
Supporting your patient-centered study from start to finish
Study design and management
Work with experts in patient-centered study development
Study design done properly – blending science with participant experience, resulting in high-quality, insightful, and relevant data.
Our experienced project managers will ensure that your study runs smoothly, from initial conception through to dissemination of results.
COA/PRO instrument expertise
Tap into our specialist knowledge to be confident that the most appropriate COA instruments are included in your study
We excel in the selection, licensing, translation, and electronic migration of validated PRO instruments.
We can also use our scientific and patient-related expertise to develop and validate bespoke questionnaires for your study.
Quantitative data collection
Generate robust, reliable real-world data
Whether your research question calls for a Delphi panel, a cross-sectional survey, or a longitudinal study, our rigorous approach – paired with the capabilities of the Vitaccess Real™ platform – enables flexible collection of patient, caregiver, and clinician data.
Qualitative data collection
Gather in-depth patient and caregiver insights
Be it concept elicitation, cognitive debriefing, or clinical trial entry/exit interviews, our team’s combination of scientific expertise and personable interviewing skills will allow you to gain a deep understanding of quality of life and treatment impact in patients’ and caregivers’ own words.
We always adhere to gold-standard data analysis methodologies to ensure publishable results.
Clinician | Patient | Caregiver interviews
languages to reach participants worldwide
Patient and caregiver burden studies
Explore patients’ experiences of living with and managing their conditions
Our studies collect data including symptoms, quality of life, impact on activities of daily living, and more.
We can capture micro-moments of symptom fluctuation through to long-term changes in quality of life.
Health utility and preference studies
Generate utility and preference data that stands up to scrutiny
Our broad methodological expertise enables us to select the most appropriate techniques for utility and preference data generation, whether that be direct patient and caregiver reports or expert review of vignettes.
Our rigorous approach ensures that data are suitable for pharmacoeconomic modelling and evaluation by decision makers.
Delve into the literature to collect evidence or inform your study design
We are experienced in a range of literature review methodologies to meet your evidence requirements.
Work with our team of patient-centered outcomes experts to ensure strategic interpretation of the results, placing findings in context with your project’s objectives.
Get the most out of your evidence
Our team of patient-centric medical writers can help you to plan and disseminate evidence that you are generating, whether this be in the form of value messages, payer-focused communication materials and tools, white papers, or manuscripts suitable for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
For more on the different publications we have been involved in to date, check out our publications page.
See how we can help
We are experts in understanding, measuring, and articulating patient experience in the real world
Utility values for economic modelling and HTA submission
- Ultra-rare disease (MCT-8 deficiency) with estimated prevalence of 1/1,000,000 males
- No published data on health utility states
- Cognition affected, meaning that data cannot be collected from patients
- Study designed to collect data from caregivers and clinicians specializing in MCT-8 management
- Data used for cost-effectiveness analysis
- Health state utility values generated for economic modelling and HTA submission
Demonstrating unmet need and treatment impact to support phase III trial data
- Capturing data on the impact of CF treatment initiation on patients and caregivers, as well as longitudinal trends for patients already receiving treatment
- Observational study assessing the impact of CF and CFTRm therapy on patient-reported outcomes
- Insights into the impact of treatment initiation in CF alongside generation of longitudinal RWE used to complement phase III clinical trial data
Validating patient diagnosis outside of clinical sites
- Validating study participants’ diagnosis of ALSP and/or CSF1R gene mutation
- In-app diagnosis validation feature based on diagnosis letter photo upload
- Poster discussing the proposed solution
- Data collected from validated ALSP patients only
Day-by-day capture of regular blood transfusion burden
- Reliance on regular blood transfusions in TDT has a significant impact on patients and caregivers
- Difficulty in demonstrating burden of transfusion reliance, both on transfusion days and proximal days, in clinical setting
- Post-treatment symptom tracking via participants’ own devices
- Daily demographic and patient-reported outcomes data collected via selected surveys
- Participant engagement driven by gamification
- Characterized impacts experienced on transfusion days and proximal days
- Evidence of treatment burden used in reimbursement submission
Gain valuable insights from a wealth of patient and caregiver outcomes data
Our patient-centric research can generate data on a wide variety of outcomes. Work with our experts to identify and select the most relevant to your research questions.
- RCaregiver Burden
- RBurden of illness
- RPreferences and utilities
- RPatient experience
- RPhysical function
- RWork productivity
- RTreatment satifaction
- RSocial function
- RFunctional status
- RQuality of life
- RHealthcare-related costs
- ROut-of-pocket costs
- RHealth status