Who you are
We are recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager for a young, innovative and growing organization to report into the company CFO. Transaction processing is currently being undertaken by external bookkeepers, but this will be brought back in-house with this new role.
What you’ll do
- Inputting all purchase invoices into Xero ensuring accurate recording to nominal ledger.
- Overseeing all project costs and ensuring accurate and regular recharges to customers where required.
- Liaising with colleagues and suppliers to resolve issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Submitting regular payment runs for approval to the CFO.
- Ensuring all other monthly payments (HMRC, pension, Credit card, Intercompany etc) are made on a timely basis.
- Raising sales invoices for new projects and as required; reviewing all on a monthly basis to ensure correct timing of approval and submission to clients.
- Liaising with project managers and customers to ensure timely collection of debts.
- Management of short-term cash requirements.
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations (GBP and foreign currency)
- Maintain and Control the time recording software – and manage monthly timesheet completion process
- Preparation of journals and analyses as required for monthly management accounts and board reports.
- Working with CFO to ensure timely and accurate completion of month end process.
- Assisting with monthly and quarterly reporting requirements in respect of loans and grants
- Submission of monthly VAT returns through Xero.
- Working with the business collaboratively to improve processes.
Sorry but it’s a no unless you have
- Relevant prior experience
- Strong Excel data analysis and manipulation skills (Look-ups, pivots, IFs etc)
Bonus points for
- Experience of Xero
Location: Fully remote, occasional travel
Hours: Full time; flexible hours
Must be eligible to work in the UK
If this sounds like you…
Excellent! We’d love to hear from you: please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We will process your personal data for recruitment purposes. The legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary to achieve our legitimate interest, namely the recruiting of personnel to ensure the continued provision of our products and services. We will share your personal data with third parties, such as recruitment advisors, only to the extent that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the recruitment process.